This course aims to analyse procedural problems encountered in commercial disputes involving foreign elements. The judicial notification, letter of request, security for costs, international jurisdiction of Turkish courts, litispendence, taking of evidence and discovery, recognition and enforcement of foreign judgments will be discussed. In this respect, the actual problems in practice will be considered together with court decisions.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to;
Identify the procedural problems in international commercial disputes.
Resolve problems related legal assistance between Turkish and foreign courts.
Determine international jurisdiction of Turkish courts in commercial disputes.
Resolve problems related taking off evidence in commercial disputes.
Give effect to foreign judgments in Turkey.
Face to Face
- Cemal Şanlı, Uluslararası Ticari Akitlerin Hazırlanması ve Uyuşmazlıkların Çözüm Yolları, İstanbul 2015
- Cemal Şanlı/Emre /Esen/İnci Ataman-Figanmeşe, Milletlerarası Özel Hukuk, İstanbul 2015
- Ergin Nomer, Devletler Özel Hukuku, İstanbul 2014
- Aysel Çelikel/Bahadır Erdem, Milletlerarası Özel Hukuk, İstanbul 2015
- Vahit Doğan, Milletlerarası Özel Hukuk, İstanbul 2015
- Hakan Pekcanıtez/Muhammet Özekes/Oğuz Atalay, Medeni Usul Hukuku Ders Kitabı, İstanbul 2015
- Ziya Akıncı, Milletlerarası Ticari Hakem Kararları ve Tenfizi, Ankara 1994
- Cemile Demir Gökyayla, Milletlerarası Tahkimde Belge İbrazı, İstanbul 2014
- Cemile Demir Gökyayla, Yabancı Mahkeme Kararlarının Tanınması ve Tenfizde Kamu Düzeni, Ankara 2001
- Güray Erdönmez, Medeni Usul Hukukunda Belgelerin İbrazı Mecburiyeti, İstanbul 2014
- Nur Bolayır, Hukuk Yargılamasında Delillerin Toplanmasında Tarafların ve Hakimin Rolü, İstanbul 2014
- Nur Bolayır, Medeni Usul Hukukunda Yetki Sözleşmeleri, İstanbul 2009
- Nuray Ekşi, Türk Mahkemelerinin Milletlerarası Yetkisi, İstanbul 2000
- Ceyda Süral, Uluslararası Özel Hukukta Yabancı Devletlerin Sınırlı Yargı ve İcra Muafiyeti, İstanbul 2015
- Uğur Tütüncübaşı, Yabancı Çekişmesiz Yargı Kararların Türk Hukukunda Tanınması, İstanbul 2014
- Musa Aygül, Milletlerarası Ticari Tahkimde Tahkim Usulüne Uygulanacak Hukuk ve Deliller, İstanbul 2014
- Ahmet Cemal Ruhi, Milletlerarası Usul Hukukunda Adli Yardım, Tebligat ve İstinabe, İstanbul 2014
- Kemal Şimşek, Yabancıların Türkiye'de Yargılanması ve Uluslararası Adli Yardımlaşma, İstanbul 2014
- Nuray Ekşi, Yabancı Mahkeme Kararlarının Tanınması ve Tenfizi, İstanbul 2014
- Pelin Güven, Yabancı Mahkeme Kararlarının Tanınması ve Tenfizi, İstanbul 2013
- Nimet Özbek Hadimoğlu, Milletlerarası Usul Hukukunda Geçici Koruma, Ankara 2013
- Zeynep Çalışkan, Milletlerarası Usul Hukukunda Teminat, İstanbul 2013
Theoretical lectures(Lecture), Study time for Theoretical Lectures (Lecture), Attendance, Case Study, Discussion, Question & Answer, Midterm(s), Final exam, Study time for final exam
Requires consent of instructor
Except students from following programme Law, Law (without thesis)
Introduction to international procedural law
Letter of request
Judicial immunity- I
International jurisdiction of Turkish courts
International jurisdiction of Turkish courts related interim measures
Choice of courts agreements
Problems related evidence and burden of proof
Taking of eff evidence and discovery in international commercial disputes
Recognition and enforcement of foreign judgments in Turkey-I
Recognition and enforcement of foreign judgments in Turkey-II
Recognition and enforcement of foreign judgments in Turkey-III
Any test, assignment, paper, or report submitted by you and that has your name on it is presumed to be your own original work that has not previously been submitted for credit in another course or has not been written partially or completely by another person. In all of your assignments, you may use words or ideas written by other individuals in publications, web sites, or other sources, but only with proper attribution as explained in your course. If you are not clear about the expectations for completing an assignment or taking a test or examination, be sure to seek clarification from your instructor. Finally, you should keep in mind that as a member of the campus community, you are expected to demonstrate integrity in all of your academic endeavors and will be evaluated on your own merits.. The consequences of cheating and academic dishonesty is a formal discipline punishment as regulated by the Turkish Higher Educational Council.
Educational Support for Disabled Students
If you have a disability for which you are or may be requesting an accommodation, you are encouraged to contact both your instructor and Bilgi Accessible Education Unit as early as possible in the term. Bilgi Accessible Education Unit will verify your disability and determine reasonable accommodations for this course. For more information, visit http://step.bilgi.edu.tr/en/ogrenci-destek-merkezi/bilgi-accessible-education-unit/